Join us and be a pioneer for a green transport revolution.
Automotive Cells Company (ACC) is one of Europe’s newest and most exciting high-tech companies. Backed by Saft-Total, Stellantis-Opel and Mercedes-Benz, ACC is set to power the future of the automotive industry by innovating in battery technology.
We aim to produce sustainable, affordable, high-capacity, longer-life batteries as a cleaner alternative to current energy sources. We create an R&D center and new state-of-the art facility in France (New Aquitaine), with gigafactories to be built in Hauts de France and Germany.
We need a range of skilled and agile people to bring our vision to life, especially in the areas of industrialization, mechanical design, testing/prototyping and any other function of a new-born company. If you’re looking to take your career further than you imagined, if you’re passionate about creating cleaner transport, we’d like to hear from you.
Accelerating sustainable mobility for all.
Research, assessment and proposition of advanced concepts and materials to improve various aspects of an EV cell at chemistry level, relevant with the company roadmap and objectives :
- Apply and transmit its expertise on Li-ion cell electrochemistry.
- Apply and transmit its expertise on Li-ion cell manufacturing at lab, pilot and industrial scale.
- Propose new concepts and materials to improve various aspects of an EV cell at chemistry level, relevant with the company roadmap and objectives.
- Propose cell design rules.
- Build and test prototypes.
- Apply agile technics to be able to answer quickly to various internal and external customers.
- Lead and manage internal and external projects, contracts, while collaborating with internal teams (R&D, Industrialization, Projects, Simulation, …).
- Lead and manage collaborations with suppliers, customers and strategic partners.
- Contribution in the company roadmap.
- Be aware of and analyse solutions from competitors.
- Be up to date to the state of the art on its topic of expertise.
- Participate to international meetings and contribute to the company fame.
- Support Intellectual Property monitoring and propose innovative patentable concepts.
Knowledge / Know how
Excellent understanding of the Li-ion and solid-state technology
Excellent understanding of current technological locks and limits
Electrochemistry applied to battery
Manufacturing processes of Li-ion cell
Knowledge on various analytical methods commonly used in the field of Li-ion battery
Minimum 10 years’ experience in similar job at automotive or battery manufacturer.
International experience (China, Japan, Korea, Germany, USA) in R&D and/or Production for Li-ion battery
PhD in Chemistry/Electrochemistry/Material Science
Fluent in English
Analytical and synthetical skills, organization and time-management skills, customer focused, initiative, result and performance motivated, creativity, inventiveness, team spirit, autonomous, good communication and social skills,
Some extra skills which make the difference
Data mining, programming, lab conception, pilot line conception and running, materials synthesis/manufacturing, failure modes analysis, problem solving methods (8D,…), statistics, modelling, project management, French, any other languages, wine tasting.