Join us and be a pioneer for a green transport revolution.
Automotive Cells Company (ACC) is one of Europe’s newest and most exciting high-tech companies. Backed by Saft-Total and Stellantis-Opel, ACC is set to power the future of the automotive industry by innovating in battery technology.
We aim to produce sustainable, affordable, high-capacity, longer-life batteries as a cleaner alternative to current energy sources. We create an R&D center and new state-of-the art facility in France (New Aquitaine), with gigafactories to be built in Hauts de France and Germany.
We need a range of skilled and agile people to bring our vision to life, especially in the areas of industrialization, mechanical design, testing/prototyping and any other function of a new-born company. If you’re looking to take your career further than you imagined, if you’re passionate about creating cleaner transport, we’d like to hear from you.
Accelerating sustainable mobility for all_
Reporting to the Senior Manager Innovation Process, your role will be to identify new manufacturing processes for lithium batteries, to develop and industrialize new processes up to TRL6 (industrial prototype) :
- to scout new technologies proposed by competitors and equipment suppliers
- to carry out a technological survey dealing with the Lithium ion battery processes and related fields that can be extrapolated to batteries manufacturing.
- to organize and run equipment tests in real conditions (in the Bordeaux R&D center) in order to validate the process on real scale parts.
- if results are positive, to demonstrate the process economic added value at a Gigafactory scale and to assist the industrialization teams to implement it.
- To create and develop a network including suppliers, academic institutions and laboratories in order to help running full scale trials
- to participate to the IP activities by drafting and filing patents applications.
Knowledge / Know how :
Expertise on film extrusion and calendaring.
Experience in powder mixing and deposition processes on metal foils.
Skills on technical polymers processing (PTFE, PVDF…) and dry processes (milling, mixing).
Experience (domain, number of years) :
10 years in a process innovation position in industry (packaging, coil coating…)
Qualifications (diplomas, languages…) :
Master/ Engineer type or PhD in Chemistry/Chemical engineering/Chemical processing
English mandatory, German is a plus
Key behaviours :
Accountability, innovative spirit, high energy
Some extra skills which make the difference :
A proven experience in processing / R&D lithium-ion battery cells is a plus.
Want to move the way we move ?