Join us and be a pioneer for a green transport revolution.
Automotive Cells Company (ACC) is one of Europe’s newest and most exciting high-tech companies. Backed by Saft-Total and PSA-Opel, ACC is set to power the future of the automotive industry by innovating in battery technology.
We aim to produce sustainable, affordable, high-capacity, longer-life batteries as a cleaner alternative to current energy sources. We create an R&D center and new state-of-the art facility in France (New Aquitaine), with gigafactories to be built in Hauts de France and Germany.
We need a range of skilled and agile people to bring our vision to life, especially in the areas of industrialization, mechanical design, testing/prototyping and any other function of a new-born company. If you’re looking to take your career further than you imagined, if you’re passionate about creating cleaner transport, we’d like to hear from you.
Accelerating sustainable mobility for all_
Reporting to the Manager of the Innovation team, your role will be to lead and manage in agile mode the mechanical division consisting of a team of about fifteen people, to steer internal and external projects related to the activity, to define the mechanical design rules for Lithium battery cells and modules to bring these designs up to TRL6 (scale 1 prototype).
- Work closely with the R&D and process innovation teams on new mechanical designs,
- Listen to and analyze solutions from competitors and suppliers,
- Organize benchs, define references,
- Set up partnerships with university institutes, suppliers, laboratories.
- Provide support for the protection of intellectual property, participate in the drafting and filing of patents.
- Organize tests in real environment in the R&D center of Bordeaux in order to validate new designs and concepts on parts at scale 1
- In the event that the results are conclusive, demonstrate the economic interest of the new concepts in a Gigafactory.
Trained as an engineer (preferably with a mechanical specialization), you have at least 15 years of experience including several years in innovation team management. Experience in the field of batteries would be a plus.
Due to the international environment of this project, a good command of English is essential. The position is located in Bordeaux with frequent travel.
Want to move the way we move ?