Join us and be a pioneer for a green transport revolution.
Automotive Cells Company (ACC) is one of Europe’s newest and most exciting high-tech companies. Backed by Saft-Total and Stellantis-Opel, ACC is set to power the future of the automotive industry by innovating in battery technology.
We aim to produce sustainable, affordable, high-capacity, longer-life batteries as a cleaner alternative to current energy sources. We create an R&D center and new state-of-the art facility in France (New Aquitaine), with gigafactories to be built in Hauts de France and Germany.
We need a range of skilled and agile people to bring our vision to life, especially in the areas of industrialization, mechanical design, testing/prototyping and any other function of a new-born company. If you’re looking to take your career further than you imagined, if you’re passionate about creating cleaner transport, we’d like to hear from you.
Accelerating sustainable mobility for all_
Within the ACC R&D organization, be the voice of Mechanical expertise in area of materials, design and more generally of battery field.
The Expert will overview the whole mechanical and design office activities inside R&D organization.
Second, he will train and grow the technical team in his expertise :
- Is the reference in his/her field of expertise across the company.
- Is responsible for road maps building for his given technology field. Is aware of how Li-ion and lithium solid-state technologies are changing and impacting cell/module deign. Advise and provide guidance for the evolution of other technological roadmaps (eg cell to pack). KPI: Roadmap and vision are defined and updated.
- Contributes to the decision-making processes of strategic in rechargeable Lithium technologies.
- Manages the technical and/or scientific aspects of the tracking network in mechanical field.
- Formalizes the state-of-the-art in his field and recommends improvement actions (standards, processes).
- Gives advice on new, emerging technologies in his own field. KPI: technology & Competition tracking.
- Has regular meeting/visit to research in external labs, centers of excellence, universities.
- Converts customer requirements and market trends into technical specifications.
- Participates in reviews and technical choices for strategic projects / Suggests how products and technologies should evolve.
- Makes his own expertise available to all.
- Is knowledgeable of codes, standards in different countries. Heads external relationship with scientific societies or standardization bodies.
- Participates in implementation of creative approaches and participates in innovative projects.
- Has the capacity to support other activities and give advice (testing, manufacturing, marketing, sourcing...) on mechanical related topics.
- Proposes and gives advice on the protection of innovative technical solutions. KPI: Patents filling, inventions disclosures, proven records of innovation.
- Mentoring: Teaches and carries out Internal or customer training courses. Follows/interacts with PhD student research work. Identify, train and develop a network of specialists in ACC. KPI: number of mentoring actions.
- Updates permanently his expertise through active participation to symposiums and conferences.
Knowledge / Know how :
Mechanical cell/module – Batteries – Cell technologies – Li-ion – Solid State
>20 years in the battery R&D
Engineering degree; PhD or equivalent
Key behaviours :
Leads expertise growth – Sharing experience and knowledge - Mentoring
Some extra skills which make the difference :
Experience in large volume EV related battery company
Participation in international R&D organization
Want to move the way we move ?