Join us and be a pioneer for a green transport revolution.
Automotive Cells Company (ACC) is one of Europe’s newest and most exciting high-tech companies. Backed by Saft-Total, Stellantis-Opel and Mercedes-Benz, ACC is set to power the future of the automotive industry by innovating in battery technology.
We aim to produce sustainable, affordable, high-capacity, longer-life batteries as a cleaner alternative to current energy sources. We have created an R&D center and new state-of-the art facility in France (New Aquitaine), and we are building gigafactories in Hauts de France, Germany and Italy.
We need a range of skilled and agile people to bring our vision to life, especially in the areas of industrialization, mechanical design, testing/prototyping and any other function of a new-born company. If you’re looking to take your career further than you imagined, if you’re passionate about creating cleaner transport, we’d like to hear from you.
Accelerating sustainable mobility for all.
Reporting to the Process & Manufacturing Engineering Manager, your role will be to scale up new manufacturing processes for lithium batteries already identified by Innovation team, to find Equipment suppliers for Mass Production and industrialize new processes up to TRL8 in our Testing line at Nersac (16).
Main missions, Objectives and KPIs related:
- To follow/understand technical solutions for Dry Process put in place by Innovation team in Bruges for Anode and Cathode.
- To follow tests from Innovation team in Bruges or at Supplier site.
- To find new suppliers all around the world for the following processes : dry mixing, feeding, calendaring, slitting.
- To demonstrate the process economic added value at a Mass Production scale.
- In order to demonstrate their capacity to supply equipment for Mass Production, to organize and run equipment test for electrode manufacturing on supplier sites.
- To define/optimize process parameters to manufacture Dry Process electrodes in order to make easier the scale up later.
- To find the best way to characterize product manufactured with Dry Processes, at each stage of process.
- To make the Process FMAE of these new processes.
- Once equipment bought and instaure at Nersac, to build a strong Design Of Experiment and manage the 1st dry electrode Production (interface with Nersac Industrialization Engineers).
- To continuously work on Process optimization in order to match with Mass Production constraints (ergonomy, Yield, Overall Equipment Efficiency).
- To closely work with Product Engineering in order to ensure the processability of the new generations of raw materials.
- To participate to the IP activities by drafting and filing patents applications.
- Expertise in extrusion and calendering.
- Experience in dry mixing and deposition processes on metal foils.
- Skills on equipment design.
- Process development methodology (PFMEA, functional analysis).
Experience (domain, number of years):
10 years in a process innovation position in industry (battery/electrode manufacturing, packaging, coil coating processing,…).
Qualifications (diplomas, languages…):
Master/ Engineer type in Chemical engineering/Chemical processing
English mandatory, French or German is a plus.
- Well organized
- Strong initiative spirit
- Adaptability to change and good anticipation skills
Some extra skills which make the difference:
An experience for an equipment supplier is a plus (calendering machine, extrusion, lamination).
Why join us?
Our Advantages and Perks: new premises, parking spaces reserved for carpoolers, possibility of recharging your electric car on reserved spaces in our parking lot.
Other perks and advantages include : Company restaurant, meal and also vegetables/fruits baskets delivery service. Janitorial services, telecommuting, complementary retirement plan (subject to a salary threshold), additionnal & seniority leaves, well-being workshops, osteopathy sessions.
You will also benefit from access to our Sports & Culture association, conferences, and also sports, holidays and culture subsidy.
Please click here for the French job offer:
Offre d'emploi - Ingénieur de Processus - Fabrication d'Électrodes pour le Procédé à Sec - Automotive Cells Company - ACC (acc-emotion.com)