Join us and be a pioneer for a green transport revolution.
Automotive Cells Company (ACC) is one of Europe’s newest and most exciting high-tech companies. Backed by Saft-Total, Stellantis-Opel and Mercedes-Benz, ACC is set to power the future of the automotive industry by innovating in battery technology.
We aim to produce sustainable, affordable, high-capacity, longer-life batteries as a cleaner alternative to current energy sources. We create an R&D center and new state-of-the art facility in France (New Aquitaine), with gigafactories to be built in Hauts de France and Germany.
We need a range of skilled and agile people to bring our vision to life, especially in the areas of industrialization, mechanical design, testing/prototyping and any other function of a new-born company. If you’re looking to take your career further than you imagined, if you’re passionate about creating cleaner transport, we’d like to hear from you.
Main missions, Objectives and KPIs related
- Conception, building, organization and operation of chemical laboratory in KL according to QM Standards suitable for RD and Production for formation and testing
- Support the production for formation and characterization activities as well as the know-how transfer from pilot plant
- Responsible for formation and testing of small lab test cells in Application Engineering Center
- Collaborate and exchange information with the ACC sites and groups in relation to Chemistry at all TRL levels for the formation and testing
- Point of contact for chemistry topics for module design and related production topics
- Support of testing and validation from chemistry point of view
- Technical exchange with material and component suppliers for the components necessary for the formation and characterization of small cells
- Ensure the fulfillment of all legal and ACC HSE requirement for formation, cell and module characterization at the RD Center Kaiserslautern as well as handling and disposal of cells and modules from chemistry point of view
- Contact point for forward looking assessment of regulations with relevance to formation as well as cell and module characterization in ACC KL from chemistry point of view
- Occasional travel to mainly European destinations
- Actively share best practice experience, suggestions for overall process improvements at ACC
Formation and testing of batteries
In depth understanding of cell production and cell performance
Several years of preferably industrial Li ion battery cell experience
Completed University degree or equivalent, e.g. chemistry, physics, electrical engineering or materials sciences
Read, write and speak English and German fluently
Full identification with ACC mission and values
Positive, energetic, robust nature, team spirit
Proactive and independent solution seeker
Ability to perform under strict time constraints
Highest sensitivity to ensure and implement health, safety and environmental protection procedures
Some extra skills which make the difference
Experience with automotive development processes and QM systems
French language skills