Join us and be a pioneer for a green transport revolution.
Automotive Cells Company (ACC) is one of Europe’s newest and most exciting high-tech companies. Backed by Saft-Total, Stellantis-Opel and Mercedes-Benz, ACC is set to power the future of the automotive industry by innovating in battery technology.
We aim to produce sustainable, affordable, high-capacity, longer-life batteries as a cleaner alternative to current energy sources. We create an R&D center and new state-of-the art facility in France (New Aquitaine), with gigafactories to be built in Hauts de France and Germany.
We need a range of skilled and agile people to bring our vision to life, especially in the areas of industrialization, mechanical design, testing/prototyping and any other function of a new-born company. If you’re looking to take your career further than you imagined, if you’re passionate about creating cleaner transport, we’d like to hear from you.
Main missions, Objectives and KPIs related
- Conception, building, organization and operation of chemical laboratory in KL according to QM Standards suitable for RD and Production for the materials and intermediate products for mixing, coating and calendering
- Prepare laboratory capability to execute incoming and intermediate process materials for R&D purposes and as a quality assurance service to production for the materials and intermediate products for mixing, coating and calendering
- Support the production for mixing, coating and calendering activities as well as the know-how transfer from pilot plant
- Establishment of a defects catalog for detection of anomalies of slurries and electrodes including their optical inspection in production
- Responsible for upscaling and production introduction of further electrode processing technologies
- Responsible for mixing and coating in Application Engineering Center for small lab test cells
- Collaborate and exchange information with the ACC sites and groups in relation to Chemistry at all TRL levels for electrode production
- Technical exchange with material and component suppliers for the components necessary for the manufacturing of electrodes
- Ensure the fulfillment of all legal and ACC HSE requirement for all chemicals and materials necessary for electrodes manufacturing and their products at the Application Engineering Center Kaiserslautern as well as their handling within the RD premises and eventually their disposal
- Contact point for forward looking assessment of chemical regulations with relevance to mixing and coating in ACC KL
- Travel to mainly European destinations
- Actively share best practice experience, suggestions for overall process improvements at ACC
Electrode materials and processing for batteries and required analysis.
In depth understanding of cell production and cell performance
Several years of preferably industrial Li ion battery cell experience
Completed University degree or equivalent, e.g. chemistry or materials sciences
Read, write and speak English and German fluently
Full identification with ACC mission and values
Positive, energetic, robust nature, team spirit
Proactive and independent solution seeker
Ability to perform under strict time constraints
Highest sensitivity to ensure and implement health, safety and environmental protection procedures
Some extra skills which make the difference
Experience with automotive development processes and QM systems
French language skills