Join us and be a pioneer for a green transport revolution.
Automotive Cells Company (ACC) is one of Europe’s newest and most exciting high-tech companies. Backed by Saft-Total, Stellantis-Opel and Mercedes-Benz, ACC is set to power the future of the automotive industry by innovating in battery technology.
We aim to produce sustainable, affordable, high-capacity, longer-life batteries as a cleaner alternative to current energy sources. We create an R&D center and new state-of-the art facility in France (New Aquitaine), with gigafactories to be built in Hauts de France and Germany.
We need a range of skilled and agile people to bring our vision to life, especially in the areas of industrialization, mechanical design, testing/prototyping and any other function of a new-born company. If you’re looking to take your career further than you imagined, if you’re passionate about creating cleaner transport, we’d like to hear from you.
The objective of the internship is to carry out an in-depth study on the thermal propagation in batteries & thermal runaway phenomena in battery Cells. The goal is to visualize in real time the behaviour of the battery during thermal runaway, thermal propagation, and solutions to avoid thermal runaway in batteries.
Main mission of the Internee
· Perform a state of the art on the thermal runaway and thermal propagation in batteries
· Perform a detailed numerical modelling of the battery during thermal runaway using Arrhenius formulations for representing the self-heating chemical reactions
· Multiphysics coupling of Battery TR with heat transfer physics for whole battery pack/module
· Bac +5 (Engineering Grande Ecole or Master University) in thermal
· Solid knowledge of the battery thermal runaway, thermal propagation, and venting
· Good command and/or experience in using Comsol Multiphysics is a major requirement
· Capacity for analysis, synthesis, and communication
· Autonomous with “Can Do” attitude
· Good command on French and/or English